Senior Researcher (Full time, Permanent)
The Diffley Partnership offers a full range of social and market research and consultancy services, giving clients the high quality and robust insights needed to make important decisions; form large-scale surveys to focus group discussions about local issues.
We bring research to life and make sure it can lead to genuine change. We also cut through complex and thorny issues to help understand where the public or other audiences stand on a wide range of issues, providing thoughtful analysis.
Since the company was founded in 2017 by Mark Diffley, we have completed more than 300 research and consultancy projects for a range of public, private and third sector organisations in Scotland and beyond.
You will join our growing team of talented and passionate researchers and bring your own set of skills to provide valuable insight to our projects which will in turn inform the decision-making of our clients.
You will work on a wide variety of research studies for diverse range of clients.
Key Responsibilities include:
- plan, co-ordinate, gather and analyse quantitative and qualitative data for specific projects,
- conduct analysis using a range of software using statistical packages such as ‘R’ MS Excel, QDA Miner,
- manage client communications with existing clients,
- communicate with clients and others, including through written reports and presentations,
- undertake data and statistical analysis on a range of research studies,
- coordinate the research and administration activities associated with individual projects in which we are engaged,
- write study reports and proposals for new work,
- present findings to clients as part of studies when required,
- undertake work on data visualisation and presenting data in clear, user-friendly, and understandable formats,
- contribute towards new research services and product ideas,
- network with clients and potential at events and meetings.
Required qualifications and experience:
Please note that this is not an entry-level role and we expect candidates to Senior Researcher to have previous practical experience of social or market research working environments.
We require you to hold a degree, or equivalent experience and certifications in a relevant research field.
We require you to have minimum experience of three years within a research role.
- minimum 3 years’ experience within a research role,
- highly analytical and numerate,
- have practical experience of using statistical software packages,
- strong experience of communicating research findings to public audiences including writing for web (preferably Word Press software utilisation), social media post creation in professional settings,
- have practical examples of producing effective data communication using software,
- excellent problem-solving skills – ability to translate requirements into reports and analysis,
- excellent organisational skills,
- strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through interaction with a variety of stakeholders at different levels,
- effective verbal communicator,
- strong reasoning and written communication skills, honed through experience of working with large amounts of data and information to compile concise, accurate and well-informed reports,
- have a tenacious and logical approach to information gathering and analysis,
- be a constructive and flexible individual who can adapt to the needs of a small team,
- be able to work to tight deadlines,
- be able to work effectively in a team but likewise, due to the small team set up, be proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- competitive salary, we are a Real Living Wage Employer,
- a range of benefits including generous holiday entitlement, health care and pension.
Please consider when you apply that Diffley Partnership has offices in central Edinburgh and we are not accepting applications to work remotely. Our team work on a hybrid basis- including from the office most of the week, from home and off site for research projects.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please take note of these two-stages to our recruitment and key dates.
- Please apply to us by 9am Monday 4 March, please attach one document including a cover note on how your skills, experience and aptitudes correspond to our business, the role and its key responsibilities along with your CV to [email protected]
- If you are longlisted for the post, we will inform you by 6 March. Please keep an eye on your junk mail during this period.
- We will give all longlisted candidates the same period to conduct a short exercise based on the key skills for this job role. We will give more detailed instructions. The exercise should be submitted by midday 13 March.
- Based upon your submitted exercise we will select a shortlist of candidates. We should let you know if you have or have not been shortlisted for interview by Thursday 14 March.
- Interviews will be held in our office in central Edinburgh on Friday 22 March.
All applicants note that as a small-sized business we cannot notify unsuccessful candidates individually, but please assume if you do not hear from us by 6 March you have not been successful.
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to provide feedback to all unsuccessful candidates. We will provide short written feedback to those making the longlisting but not making it through to shortlisting. We will provide more extensive feedback to those making the shortlisting stage who are not offered the appointment.
We look forward to reviewing your CV and cover letter. Thank you for your time and interest in applying.